Bob and his wife Kathy have lived in Ellis County for 31 years.
They have a son who proudly serves as a Police Officer, and a daughter who loves teaching high school chemistry as a Substitute.
Bob and his family cherish life here: from the rural areas to the ever-growing larger communities, their church home at Ovilla Road Baptist, and the homestead where their children grew up and their huskies have the freedom to run off energy. This is home, and one of the most special features is an Aeromotor windmill they had moved from the small farm of Kathy's grandparents in central Texas, where Kathy (a 4th generation Texan) spent many happy summers picking peaches from their orchard.
Bob grew up in a hard-working Midwest family of 5 children, with a stay-at-home Mom and a Dad who was employed for 44 years as tool-and-dye machinist. He played organized sports, and to this day exercise remains a regular part of his week. Although their parents are deceased, all 5 siblings remain close, even though they are spread out across the United States. As Bob has shared with many – he has the blood of a mid-westerner and the heart of a Texan! He was raised to possess an optimistic attitude, and to be grateful for the many blessings he has enjoyed. Public service and giving back to the community are important to him.
In 1980, Bob graduated cum laude with a bachelor's degree in business administration/accounting from the University of Toledo. He was hired by Price Waterhouse, where he enjoyed the opportunity to travel and work in different locations throughout the sunbelt.
While working full time, Bob attended law school in downtown Houston at South Texas College of Law, which offers one of the best trial law programs in the state.
After graduating and passing the bar exam in 1985, he went on to work as an Assistant Criminal District Attorney in Navarro County, operate a law practice in Ellis County, serve as County Court at Law Judge, and 40th District Court Judge in Ellis County.
With over 36 years legal experience, Judge Carroll pledges his continued service to the citizens of our wonderful community.
Community Service and Leadership
- Hope Clinic: Founding Board Member & Strategic Planning Committee
- Ellis County Honor Flight: Past Guardian
- Ellis County SPCA: Past Board Member
- CASA Founder's Award 2011: Instrumental in establishing CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Ellis County to train community volunteers to serve as the voice for abused children in court
- Texas Governor's Recognition 2006: Early Intervention Services program to help abused children and their families, from Governor Rick Perry
- Ellis County Commissioner's Court 2006: Recognition of leadership in establishing Early Intervention Services to help abused children and their families
- Texas Baptist Home for Children Waxahachie 2003: Recognition of dedication to the children of Ellis County
- Ovilla Christian School: Past Board Member
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving 2003: Recognition for working in conjunction with MADD and Ellis County Probation to establish a Victim Impact Program
- Meals-On-Wheels of Ellis and Johnson Counties: Past Board Member
- Legal Internship: Awarded each summer by the 40th District Court to a law student who has completed their first year of law school